The State of Global IT Security
Explore top priorities, key concerns & critical insights to help you solve the cybersecurity puzzle.
According to a survey of 4,700+ IT professionals...
Current business & IT priorities are well-aligned.
Top business priorities
- 27% improving client experience & loyalty
- 22% increasing top-line revenue
- 16% reducing operating costs
Top IT priorities
- 22% faster delivery of new services
- 21% improving business processes
- 21% improving workforce effectiveness
Top security initiatives
- 32% improving risk mitigation
- 26% compliance and/or regulatory issues
- 25% client trust in existing systems
Data protection is top of mind.
Top 5 priority – 69%
Top 10 priority – 21%
95% already maintain security standards across their entire infrastructure.
But piecing together a comprehensive solution can be challenging.
Biggest reported obstacles:
- 26% struggle with the level of manual tasks.
- 21% lack a detailed security roadmap.
- 16% worry about information security and privacy.
- 47% lack confidence in risk assessment and remediation policies.
- 69% have limited visibility of devices on their networks.
Misconfigurations can lead to vulnerabilities.
- According to a worldwide study of over 38K devices at 233 organizations, 67% of all devices have at least one critical vulnerability.
- 68% of businesses are concerned about data vulnerability due to user management and data access outside the firewall.
- 89% say audits on system vulnerability and compliance produce too much data and not enough insight to prioritize next steps.
These security gaps leave room for a costly attack.
- 1,500+ major data breaches occurred across the U.S.
- Nearly 179 million records were exposed
- 90% of exposed records came from the business sector
- The average number of breaches per company rose from 102 to 130.
- The total cost of cybercrime rose from $17.3 million to $21.2 million in the U.S..
The right cybersecurity partner can help protect your business.
- Effective security shields can thwart 70 – 80% of all cyberattacks.
- Security intelligence systems saved organizations an average of $2.8 million in 2017.
- Advanced identity and access governance saved an average of $2.4 million in 2017.
Zero day attacks
DNS amplification attacks
Advanced persistent threats
Discover the missing piece.
Together, Insight and Juniper Networks deliver the tools to help organizations solve the cybersecurity puzzle by successfully eliminating misconfigurations, improving visibility and strengthening network defense.
Identity Theft Resource Center; Cyberscout. (July 2018). 2018 ITRC Data Breach Report H1 2018. Statista.
Juniper Networks. (2018). Juniper Networks Sponsored Security Insights Survey.
Ponemon Institute. (September 2017). 2017 Cost of Cybercrime Study.